Sunday, April 8, 2007

Final Task: Summary

This was a great learning experience. Some of these technologies were foreign to me so I'm glad I had the opportunity to see what they were about and how to use them. The most important thing I learned is that you don't have to be tech savvy to learn these online tools. Now, I won't be so reluctant to explore other technologies on my own. The most challenging task was RSS because I just couldn't understand the concept but with help from Mrs. B, I was able to complete the task. So many of the technologies we learned about can be used to promote the library - whether it's providing RSS feeds about library services for customers, posting photos of library events on Flickr, showing storytimes on YouTube. Some people may only know libraries as how they used to be but once they see that we're using the same new technologies they are, it might just get them into the library to see all the things we have to offer. This self-directed learning model worked pretty well for me but it helped to have the structure provided and a deadline to complete the tasks!

No comments: